Exmouth Town Reserves bag a fifth successive clean sheet in midweek win
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Reserves recorded a fifth successive Macron League top flight clean sheet – and a sixth in seven games with a midweek 3-0 Southern Road success over Colyton.
The first half was played out between two well-matched sides and there was a fair degree of end-to-end action, but without either goalkeeper being called into serious action.
During the break, Town boss Ryan Harris asked for a little more from his players and they delivered – in style!
The three Town goals were scored by Adam Wilkinson, Tom Prout and player-boss Harris who said after the game: “It was both a great performance and a superb result.”
Ryan Harris and Tom Prout absolutely delighted again with a great performance and result.
You may also want to watch:
The win lifts the Town second string up to 10th and, with five games still to play, they can now target a top half of the table finish.
Town Reserves are in Easter Saturday action with a Southern Road meeting with Beer Albion (3pm) and they are back in action on Easter Monday when they travel to title-chasing Newtown.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson