Exmouth Town offering ‘football incentive’ for Saturday’s big home match against Plymouth Argyle Reserves
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town have come up with a novel idea to encourage more supporters to attend their game on Saturday against table-topping Plymouth Argyle Reserves.
Town are to present the first 15 Under-12s that come through the gate, with a paying adult, a size five football that will be signed by Town manager Kevin Hill and presented in the Southern Road clubhouse after the match.
Saturday’s meeting with Argyle is one that, if Town win, then they will not only complete a season’s double over the Pilgrims, but also end the day above them and in a top two berth in the South West Peninsula League, Premier Division.
The Southern Road gates and clubhouse bar will be open from 1.30pm. Kick-off is at 3pm and, after the game, as well as the presentation of those 15 footballs, the club TVs will be screening the day’s Premier League on BT Sport – Brighton versus Burnley.
Entry to the meeting with Argyle is £5 for adults (£5 for O65s and U18s) while Under-16s are admitted free.
You may also want to watch:
There’s also a big match at Southern Road on Sunday with the Town Under-18s, who are unbeaten this season, entertaining Holsworthy Under-18s in the semi-finals of the Devon Cup. Kick-off on Sunday is at 2pm and admission to the game is free.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Extraordinary win for Budleigh Seconds
- 10 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths