Win, draw and loss for Town teams

Exmouth Town new players and officials entrance

Exmouth Town new players and officials entrance - Credit: ETFC

While the first-team at Exmouth Town are waiting for a full season to enjoy from August, there is still plenty of football going on for the Southern Road club. 
For Exmouth Town 3rds, it was a frustrating but entertaining defeat at Bradninch 2nds in Division 4 East of the Devon and Exeter League. 
The Town youngsters, however, recorded some excellent results on the weekend. 
On a lovely day in Bradninch, the 3rds enjoyed a perfect start, with Josh Price finishing off a delicious pass from strike-partner Sam Cox. 
The hosts drew level before half-time and then edged in front with two further goals in the second half. Jack Cappleman reduced the arears and an injury-struck Exmouth side very nearly pinched a point when Jay Sutton’s wonderful strike was met by an equally good save from the home stopper. 
There was better news for the Town Under-15s, as they ran out 6-3 winners in a fantastic game at home to Honiton. 
Incredibly, Exmouth had to recover from going behind on three occasions, starting with a calm finish from Harry Williams to make 1-1 after an early goal for the visitors. 
After falling behind on two further occasions, Williams and substitute Josh Evans twice pulled Town level. 
It was then all about a superb Evans’ display in the second period, as he pounced on a defensive error to make it 4-3, completing a quickfire hat-trick after good work from Bradley Cameron. 
A header from Billy Rowsell rounded off the scoring and special mention to U14 Sol Onoyiweta, who stepped up to help cover injuries. 
Exmouth Under-12s travelled to Ottery St Mary on Saturday and, despite a depleted squad, came home with a superb 1-1 draw against their unbeaten hosts. 
Town were inspired in the first period and only brilliant goalkeeping denied the likes of George Stone, Tom O’Connor, Kai MacManus and Jenson Skinner. 
MacManus finally broke the deadlock with a stunning solo effort for Town and goalkeeper Billy Geis made a couple of fine saves to retain the lead. 
Ottery came back strong after the break and eventually grabbed an equaliser with ten minutes remaining. 

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus