Exmouth Town are ‘mid-table’ in latest Fair Play League standings
- Credit: Archant
The South West Peninsula League has produced the latest statistics with regard to the ‘Fair Play’ award that is presented at the end of each season to the team who bank the least number of points in each of the three divisions; Premier, East and West.
In the Premier Division Exmouth Town sit 11th out of the 19 clubs.
Prior to the first game of 2019 – the Southern Road meeting with Millbrook – Town had picked up three red cards and 34 yellow cards to accumulate a total of 43 points.
Plymouth Argyle Reserves, with one red and 11 yellow, lead the way – and by some distance – for the Pilgrims second string have only 14 points to their name and the second placed club – Helston Athletic – have 29!
The current ‘bad boys’ sitting at the bottom of the table are Cornish side, Newquay-based Godolphin Atlantic, who have picked up no fewer than 10 red cards and also had 44 yellow cards!
You may also want to watch:
The full ‘table’ prior to the January 5 matches reads.
(first figure is red cards, second figure is yellow cards and the third figure is the number of points against the team)
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 7 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 10 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
Plymouth Argyle 1/11/14
Helston Athletic 2/23/29
St Austell 1/33/36
Torpoint Athletic 2/32/40
EXMOUTH TOWN 3/34/43
Bodmin Town 4/34/46
Elburton Villa 1/45/48
Callington Town 6/33/51
Cullompton Rangers 4/40/52
Saltash United 5/37/52
Godolphin Atlantic 10/44/74
Budleigh Salterton sit 10th in the Eastern Division standings. The Robins have picked up three red cards and 27 yellow cards to accumulate 36 points.
The full Eastern Division standings are
Newton Abbot Spurs 2/20/26
Stoke Gabriel 2/20/26
SIDMOUTH TOWN 2/27/33
Crediton United 4/22/34
BUDLEIGH SALTERTON 3/27/36
Bovey Tracey 3/31/40
St Martins 2/34/40
Waldon Athletic 3/35/44
AXMINTER TOWN 2/47/53
HONITON TOWN 4/43/55