Exmouth Town able to admit fans again from Saturday - but there are restrictions!
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town’s game tomorrow (Saturday) will see supporters admitted to Southern Road for the first time since March to see their pre-season friendly with Saltash United (3pm).
What’s more as a ‘thank you’ to supporters, local business and the community at large for their support throughout the Coronavirus pandemic to date, Town have deemed the fixture with the Cornish outfit a ‘pay what you want’ on the Southern Road gate.
With the government relaxing rules on people attending some sporting events on Thursday, the Football Association have revised Covid-19 guidelines to allow spectators back into non-league football grounds and Exmouth Town have moved quickly.
In a statement, released by the club on Thursday evening, Town announced:
‘Good evening everyone. The news you have been waiting for. On Saturday we play Saltash at Southern Road with a 3pm kick-off and we will be allowing 135 of our supporters to attend the game.
You may also want to watch:
There is a limit of 150 so the other 15 will be made up of Saltash supporters.
‘The gates open at 2pm and it will be strictly first come first in and so the advice is to please arrive early.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
‘We are not charging, but are asking fans to make a donation.
‘Fans will be asked on entry to provide details to fulfil our track and trace obligations.
‘We will be providing risk assessment details on a large white board for your information.
‘The bar will be open at 2pm and we will be operating a strict queueing system in line with social distancing guidelines.’