Exmouth Swimming & Life Saving Society get green to get back into the pool
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Swimming & Life Saving Society have been given the go ahead to return to the pool by LED and so swimming sessions are set to resume at Exmouth Leisure Centre.
Barry Westaway, leader of the Learn-to-Swim Section, said: “We now have an agenda for a return to lessons for all existing members to our popular Saturday evening sessions.
“We are asking parents to contact us so that more detailed information can be provided to them.”
He continued: “We look forward to welcoming back our volunteer teachers, helpers, and children and would like to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their continued support and patience.
“It will be fantastic to return to lessons very soon.”
You may also want to watch:
A Facebook notice announcing the club’s return to lessons and training has been posted and information can also be found on the Society’s website: www.exmouthswimming.org .
Due to the on-going Covid-19 situation, numbers of swimmers attending Saturday sessions will need to be reduced.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
A plan has been devised that will allow all swimmers to return should they wish to and it is essential that parents email the club for up-dated information and to book a place.
All sections and squads of the Society are hoping to return to swimming during October.
Members are asked to check the society’s social media channels and website and make contact with the relevant committee member of their squad or section.