Swimmers back in the water
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Swimming Club returns
The Saturday Night Learn to Swim swimming lessons held by Exmouth Swimming Club and Life Saving Society will be returning on Saturday, December 5 for week 1 swimmers.
Week 2 swimmers will return on Saturday, December 12.
All Covid-19 precautions will still be in place. Only one adult will be allowed to attend per child and adults will need to wear face masks to enter the leisure centre and when leaving the building after swim sessions.
Swim England chief executive Jane Nickerson has paid a ‘special tribute’ to swimming teachers and educators for the ‘extra efforts’ they have had to make to ensure lessons could still continue during the coronavirus pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
At the start of the Swim England Teaching and Education Conference, she acknowledged the ‘huge challenges and strains’ that Covid-19 had put on the sector but said she ‘really valued the work and contributions’ of teachers and educators up and down the country.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 10 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household