Exmouth Sea Angling success for Brian Reed
The Exmouth Sea Angling Association held their February Species Hunt competition, writes Bob Pennells.
The meeting took place over arguably the coldest fortnight for some time and 14 members took past in the annual hunt for sizeable fish.
On night one not a single angler managed to land a fish of any decent size! There was one respectable fish caught, a wrasse of 5.19lb landed by Gary Bowden. That registered as a 104 per cent catch and earned him the award for best specimen.
Brian ‘The Viking’ Reed was away working for the duration of the competition and so he fished the coasts of Kent and Essex which proved very rewarding as he claimed first place with a missed bag of cod, whiting, dog fish, flounder, dab and pout, but nothing of notable size.
Gary Bowden was second overall and Garry Currie took third spot.
You may also want to watch:
Full results: 1, Brian Reed (532 per cent), 2, Garry Bowden (244 per cent), 3, Garry Currie (99 per cent), 4, Dave Fuller (94 per cent); 5, Mike Richardson (80 per cent), 6, Barry Pestor (42 per cent); 7, Tony McGinty (8 per cent). Also fished; Andy Browning, Si Boeree, Andy Dunn, Dillon Pestor (junior member), Shauna Browning, Kev Dunn, Ade Jones.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 5 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 6 Landing great fish from boats across the region
- 7 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Regeneration of Exmouth town centre and Dinan Way extension under discussion
- 10 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack