Exmouth players feature in Devon U20s’ County Championship action
- Credit: Archant
There were no fewer than six Exmouth RFC players that featured in the Devon U20s team that enjoyed success over Cornwall.
The six have all come through the junior ranks at the Cockles and all featured in the Jason Leonard U20 County Championship meeting with Cornwall that Devon won 30-18 in late January.
The six Cockles were; Sam Fulthorpe (scrum-half), Harry Ottaway (fly-half), Callum Wood (prop), Matt Seager (back row), Ethan Langson Justice (back row) and Charlie Mears (back row.
Five of the Cockles' players were back in Devon U20s action last Sunday when the side played out a thrilling 29-20 tie with Gloucestershire U20s in a compelling contest that took place at Cheltenham on Sunday.
Harry Ottaway kicked three conversions and then held his nerve to slot a last-minute penalty to give Devon a share of the spoils.
You may also want to watch:
This draw keeps the Devon youngsters on the top of their pool with one fixture to play.
That remaining game is a March fixture away against Berkshire.
- 1 Body of girl, 13, found on Exmouth beach
- 2 Lets welcome visitors back to beautiful area of the world
- 3 Work continues on seafront sensory garden
- 4 Two seats up for grabs in town council by-election
- 5 Changes to polling stations for upcoming elections
- 6 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 7 East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- 8 Joma Devon & Exeter League results and fixtures
- 9 Latest from the Devon Cricket League
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock