Exmouth lose Easter Saturday Devon Cup final at Barnstaple
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth could not quite end the season on a high with some silverware as they went down in the final of the Devon Cup, beaten 61-22 by a powerful Barnstaple side.
Barum had finished the league term as runners-up to all-conquering Bournemouth and the Cockles, who had lost in the league game at Barum – but won the reverse fixture at the Imperial Ground – were without a number of senior players for the Easter Saturday cup final held in North Devon at the home of Barnstaple RFC.
There were two other big rugby matches involving East Devon-based clubs on Easter Saturday.
Honiton are the toast of East Devon rugby – and arguably rugby across the West County – on this penultimate Saturday of April – for they have reached Twickenham!
The Lacemen travelled to Hampshire to take on Portsmouth RFC in the national semi-final of the Senior Vase and they won 34-20 to book a berth at Twickenham next month.
You may also want to watch:
Sidmouth were also in action and they duly completed a league and cup double as they followed up last Saturday’s sealing of the Tribute Western Counties (W) title by winning the Devon Intermediate Cup, beating Crediton 39-19..
- 1 Memories of Exmouth and the history of Rolle College
- 2 Marine’s own trauma inspires community mental health initiative
- 3 Freemasons step up to help with vaccination roll out
- 4 'We've been overwhelmed by your support'
- 5 Shoppers to boost life-changing charities impacted by Covid-19
- 6 Residents between 65 and 69 now being invited for Covid-19 vaccine
- 7 Gala Week cancelled but summer events planned
- 8 Paddleboarder rescued by Exmouth volunteer lifesavers
- 9 Third time unlucky as Exmouth man caught with abuse images jailed
- 10 The exponential impact of great leader