No rest for the Exmouth Harriers as they compete in Parkruns
- Credit: Archant
There wasn’t any races for Exmouth Harriers over the past week but that didn’t stop 18 of them running in six Parkruns on Saturday.
12 participated at Exmouth:
1st Rob Ellis 17.12
2nd Mike Musgrove 18.40
5th Nathan Sheehy 18.51
6th Tom Packer 19.03
11th Craig Butler 19.40
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 4 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 Bluebird Care Exmouth and Exeter wins nursing award
- 6 Callum Pope of Exeter Wins National Young Achiever Award
- 7 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 8 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook
- 9 East Budleigh upset the form team
- 10 Exmouth museum closes for winter after a successful year
22nd Regan Meadowcroft 21.05
35th Jenny Reay 22.12
86th Paula Hawkins 24.59
106th Sarah Baldwin 26.07
112th Alice Kelly 26.26
150th Amanda McCann 27.44
327th Keith Flack 41.58
Two ran at Parke (near Bovey Tracey)
16th Hugh Marsden 23.34
57th Dawn Teed 29.40
Dave Stone ran at Killerton and finished in 6th place in 20.56
Andy Johnson ran at Exeter Riverside finishing in 31st place in 23.28
Steve Morgan ran at Haldon Forest finishing in 44th position in 25.47
Oli White ran at Llanerchaeron (near Aberystwyth) and was 1st finisher in 17.22
Parkrun started back in 2004 when 13 runners got together on a blustery day in Bushy Park, Teddington. Now 17 years later, it’s an international family of over three million parkrunners (and counting).
The Exmouth Parkrun starts beside The Octagon on the seafront at 9am every Saturday and finishes opposite The Pavilion.
The first Exmouth Parkrun was on December 23, 2017, it has now been run 130 times and has an average of 357 finishers each week.
Parkruns are free, weekly, timed 5km events across the world, organised by local volunteers. Everyone is welcome at parkrun - whether you walk, jog, run or volunteer.