Exmouth Harrier Tom Merson wins Bideford 10 mile race
- Credit: Graham Hobbs
Exmouth Harrier Tom Merson had a comfortable win on Sunday in the Bideford 10 mile race setting an impressive personal best of 50:50, writes Cathy Newman.
Merson is set to be past of what will be a very competitive Exmouth team that will contest the Gosport Half Marathon on Sunday week (November 18).
Also in action last Sunday was Dave Stone, who returned to marathon running after three years and had a strong run to finish seventh overall and second in the M45 category.
In the Exmouth Parkrun Nathan Sheehy finished second, obliterating his previous best time of 20 minutes, clocking 17:57, a fitting reward for someone who has volunteered much more frequently than he has run the 5k event.
There are still a few entries available for the popular Bicton Blister which takes place on the final Sunday of the month (November 25).
You may also want to watch:
The Blister is a predominately off-road race starting from Bicton College and following tracks over Woodbury Common.
This event is hosted by Exmouth Harriers and can be entered online: https://www.fullonsport.com/event/bicton-blister-2018/profile
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 Date set for Exmouth woman's murder trial
- 8 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 ‘Think twice’ before leaving home – Devon director of public health warning