Exmouth Harrier Tom Merson completes hat-trick of Torbay Half Marathon wins
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Harrier Tom Merson won the Torbay Half Marathon on Sunday with his fastest time in three consecutive victories in this popular event, writes Cathy Newman.
His time of 69:03 was over two minutes faster than the previous year.
Mike Musgrove finished second in the M45 category with 80:33 and Hugh Marsden was fourth in the M55 category with 90:02 – five seconds faster than the previous year.
Dave Stone is gradually returning to his times of previous years; he finished in 85:13. Craig Butler did 92:33, Chris Dupain 95:05, Grant Lee 96:08, Richard Bishop 98:03 and Terry McKie 99:37.
There were a total of 1,548 finishers.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, Berihu Hadera was again the first finisher in the Exmouth Parkrun with Simon Minting close behind.
Personal bests came from Tristan Kensal-Spurr with 17:46, Richard Bishop with 19:28 and Des White with 19:37.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
Mike McNaghten ran an impressive debut of 18:37. There were 316 people who completed this 26th edition of Exmouth Parkrun.