Exmouth Harrier Minting bags new PB double in 5km Parkrun meetings
At the Exeter and KiIlerton 5km Parkruns recently, Exmouth Harrier Simon Minting has had encouraging results three weeks in a row, writes Dave Eveleigh.
In Exeter, he was first finisher on February 28 and March 7, setting a new personal best (SB) for the course each time of 17:22 and then 17:05.
On March 14, Simon lined up at Killerton and finished first again. Meanwhile, club mate Adam Miller carried on where Simon had left off in Exeter, and was first home at the Exeter event on March 14.
Among the veterans at Killerton since the February 21 meeting, John Reader was twice first Man Over 70 with Les Turner first once and second once in the same category. Nigel Dupain was first Man Over 60 in Exeter on March 14, and Jill Dupain was second Woman Over 60 at the same event.
Nigel, Jill and son Chris were all running the Exeter course for the first time, Chris finishing sixth overall.
You may also want to watch:
Andy Kennedy has been second twice and third twice in his Over 55 Age Group during the last four weeks. Jon Garrity was fourth overall and third Man Over 40 on February 21. Also part of the action were Roger Rowe and Lee Russell with the name of former member Phil Quick also being noticed in the results again.
- 1 Double celebration as iconic pub reopens with new look
- 2 Inquest into death of Exmouth teenager found at Orcombe Point
- 3 Steve hopes community will help lifesaving research at awareness event
- 4 Exmouth woman denies murdering her partner Nigel Johnston
- 5 Property of the Week: Trinity Court, Sidmouth
- 6 Tim Martin of Wetherspoons wants government to offer visas to EU workers to help out in pubs
- 7 Exmouth man sent to Broadmoor for B&B sex attack
- 8 Born for the screen - Exmouth's very own Liver Bird
- 9 Major improvement works ongoing at Exmouth Cricket Club
- 10 Landing great fish from boats across the region