Exmouth Colts all set for a Super Sunday at Sandy Park
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Colts are in cup final action on Sunday (April 15) when they meet Exeter Youth at the Sandy Park home of Exeter Chiefs.
Cockles head coach Jon Hill, speaking after his side’s painfully narrow 25-24 defeat at Newbury Blues on Saturday, said: “I do hope as many of the club’s faithful as possible get along to Sandy Park to support the colts.
“JJ (colts coach John Justice} has been like a father figure to this team and has worked with them for a number of years now, nurturing them through the club’s youth system.”
Hill continued: “For the Likes of Harry Ottaway, Ethan Langson-Justice, Matt Seager, Tom Cooke, Sam Fulthorpe, Joel Ranft, Joe Craven, Finn Urmston and Joe Oats , to name a few, this will be the end of a 13-year journey together through the age groups , culminating in a cup final being played at Sandy Park.
“What a way to end the ‘youth’ journey before officially graduating into senior rugby.”
You may also want to watch:
Hill concluded: “To the Cockles faithful I say, please support JJ, Ian, Grant and the lads as they look to sign off in style.
- 1 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 2 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 Date set for Exmouth woman's murder trial
- 8 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 9 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 10 ‘Think twice’ before leaving home – Devon director of public health warning