Exmouth CC lose another player as Miles Lenygon moves on
- Credit: Archant
The winter exodus from Exmouth has continued with the departure of hard-hitting left-hander Miles Lenygon, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Lenygon, who joined Exmouth from Exeter for the 2018 season, has landed a new job in London.
Although Lenygon plans to remain registered with Exmouth, his first claim club is likely to be Twickenham.
Said Lenygon: “I will most likely be playing at Twickenham, but may be back to play the odd game for Exmouth, as and when possible.”
Twickenham play in the Middlesex County League, which has a sprinkling of players Lenygon will know well.
You may also want to watch:
Former Devon keeper-batsman Rhys Davies, who moved to London in 2014 on the MCC Young Professionals programme, stayed on in the capital after leaving Lord’s and will be a Twickenham team-mate of Lenygon’s.
Ethan Bamber, the England U19 fast bowler, was a team-mate of Lenygon’s at Exeter while studying across the road at the university. He plays for North Middlesex.
- 1 Outpouring of support for Afghan refugees arriving in Exmouth
- 2 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 3 County’s major arts event exceeds expectations in first few days
- 4 Yachtsman provides a valuable learning service for watch team
- 5 Probus club members resume 2021 meetings
- 6 East Devon elects new councillor in the Exe Valley
- 7 Local government working together to help Afghan refugees
- 8 Charity football match for Budleigh Veterans
- 9 Season coming to a close at Madeira Bowls
- 10 Is the staycation boom here to stay? Tell us what you think in our tourism survey
Devon seamer Scott Barlow splits his summer between playing for Sidmouth and Hampstead.
Kazi Szymanski And Will Sobczak, a Sidmouth old boy who also played in Somerset for Butleigh, tuned out for Richmond last season.
Already gone from Exmouth since the end of last season are: Dan Pyle and Callum French to Heathcoat and Bob Dawson, who has retired.
Royal Navy fast bowler Shorn Bobb, who played Exmouth in 2016 and remained registered with them despite moving to Essex, has opted to play for D Division West side Chelston & Kingskerswell this summer.