Exmouth Amateur Boxing Club gets new show home
- Credit: Archant
Following on from the recent refurbishment of their gym and the purchase of new equipment with support from the SPORTED’s ‘Box On’ project, The Norman Family Trust and the Devon and Cornwall Fire and Rescue Service, Exmouth ABC are now able to announce a new partnership, writes Steve Birley.
The boxing club is linking up with the Ocean Suite on Exmouth’s seafront to host their boxing show this year.
The partnership also means that shows in future years will also be held at the venue.
This is a significant step for this local community boxing club (established in 1947).
Brendan Lee, secretary and coach at the boxing club, says: “We are delighted to announce this new partnership.
You may also want to watch:
“The facilities at the Ocean are first class and that is also the way to describe the support we are receiving from their Events team. Everyone has been so supportive.”
This year’s show is to be held on Saturday, April 13, 2019 at the Ocean Suite.
- 1 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 2 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 3 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 9 Devon Start Up programme for social entrepreneurs
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
Doors will open 6.30pm and the action gets under way with the first bout at 7.30pm.
A limited number of tables, for 10, at £200 each, remain available. Tickets can be purchased from Rivermead Stores and Budgens Seafront, both in Exmouth.