Exe Equestrian Novice Fun Horse/Pony and Dog Show proves a real success
- Credit: Archant
After suffering the disappointment of having to cancel a recent show due to the weather, it was with relief that the day was perfect for the first Novice Fun Horse/Pony and Dog Show held at Nutwell Court on Sunday.
Attendance was good and young or inexperienced riders took advantage of the varied classes available.
Throughout the day riders came into the show jumping ring and showing ring, at times rather apprehensively, but invariably leaving it more confidently, many times with a rosette. The aim of this show is to encourage riders, whatever age they may be and we thank our experienced judges who give up their time to judge and offer riders advice to help improvement.
New classes to this show were Thelwell classes, again just for fun — pony with the shortest legs, best tail etc. These were enjoyed by competitors and spectators and hope that they will become more popular. Preceding this was the Fancy Dress won by George Newton, dressed as an owl with his pony Jemima as a tree. Second was Lizzie Warren-Blackwell as Red Riding Hood on her pony Bella.
The dog show as usual was very well attended, with dogs of all shapes and sizes; every dog went home with a rosette and gift so on this occasion there was no need for the consolation class!
You may also want to watch:
This show was kindly sponsored by long standing sponsors Corner House Surgery and new sponsors to the club Bicton Botanical Gardens; sincere thanks to them both, not forgetting Nigel and Paula Lee for allowing us to use Nutwell Court, and all who helped in any way
Our next event is on Sunday, July 1 — The Open Show with dressage and again a fun dog show. Please go to our website www.exe-equestrian.co.uk for further details — all are welcome.
- 1 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 7 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 10 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset