End of Year excellent results for Exmouth Harriers
- Credit: Exmouth Harriers
With the 2021 racing season drawing to a conclusion Exmouth Harriers runners continue to perform exceeding well in a number of traditional and festive local races.
The Devon Instep Championship is an annual race series normally based on 13 Devon races, restricted to seven this year. Runners had to run in at least five races during 2021 to qualify for a place in the overall series.
In the final 2021 individual rankings, Harriers had three runners in the top 3 Men & Ladies positions, with Oli White topping the overall Mens rankings. 1st Oli White Exmouth H 480 points; 2nd Paul Thomas SWRR 423 points; 3rd Des White Exmouth H 408 points.
Women’s results: 1st Roz Debenham SWRR 451 points; 2nd Alison White Exmouth H 431 points; 3rd Jenny Debenham SWRR 361 points.
In the 2021 team rankings, both Harriers Mens and Ladies teams finished in 3rd team positions.
Four Harriers battled against Storm Barra whilst competing in the City Runs Exmouth 5 Miles on Exmouth seafront. Fantastic running from Oli White, Jimmy Joy, Andy Place & Andy Johnson in quite appalling weather conditions.
Harriers’ athletes raced in much better weather in three races on 12th & 19th December. Oli White & Cathy Newman competed in the City Runs Christmas Handicap 5k in Exeter. Oli was 2nd overall in 16.33 and Cathy was 2nd Lady to finish in 19.42 (Cathy was also 2nd in the handicap event).
- 1 Fears over future of Methodist church
- 2 Lympstone man takes on 3,000-mile rowing challenge
- 3 More than 600 jobs up for grabs at Travelodge - including in South West
- 4 Property of the Week: Lower Broad Oak Road, West Hill
- 5 Live grenade training to resume on Woodbury Common from next month
- 6 Lions president marks 100th volunteer shift as Covid jab centre steward
- 7 Homes and shops plan approved for site behind Exmouth's Tower Street Church
- 8 'Mud: Mucky, marvellous - but misunderstood'
- 9 Budleigh prevail in terrific advert for Devon Football League
- 10 New assistant chief constables at Devon and Cornwall Police
Claire Sorensen & Amanda McCann ran in the Escot Christmas 1/2 Marathon near Ottery St Mary with laps on pathways, woodland trails and fields with a 30m water slide specially made for the Escot Hill.
The waterslide was optional but everyone got an opportunity to try it out on each lap – a great way to put their feet up and fly down the hill faster. Claire finished in 20th place in 2.26.23 and Amanda was 30th in 2.32.49.
Tom Packer and Dawn Teed ran in the Torrington Christmas Caper; 10.25 miles of mud, forest trails, rivers and hills. Tom finished in 19th position in 1.19.00, Dawn was 168th in 1.56.52.