East Devon Ladies win County Pairs comp
- Credit: East Devon GC
Our first report this month is one that many of our ladies will appreciate and be proud of.
Two of our ladies have won the Killard Leavy Trophy, a Devon County pairs competition for Veteran Ladies. Barbara Mellor and Peggy Lomas qualified earlier this summer at East Devon to represent our Club in this event.
Through many years of golfing, these ladies have been generous with their time, encouraging and supporting other lady players, which makes this a particularly deserving win.
Barbara said: “A total of 59 couples went to Tiverton Golf Club to play the DCVLGA Autumn foursomes in perfect weather, ideal for good scoring!
“One couple from each club represented their club to compete for the Killard Leavy Cup. After a nail-biting finish, East Devon won with 38 points, closely followed by the Dartmouth couple with 37 points.”
Congratulations, Peggy and Barbara.
- 1 Body of teenager found on beach in Exmouth
- 2 Man in court over alleged 'threat' to Exmouth police officer
- 3 Exmouth gears up for its Winter Festival
- 4 How Devon's current Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown
- 5 East Devon care group win award for care assistant training
- 6 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 7 East Budleigh upset the form team
- 8 Exmouth museum closes for winter after a successful year
- 9 Exmouth humbled in the wind and rain at Millbrook
- 10 Shopping locally has never mattered so much as it does now