East Devon Ladies reach Still Cup Final
- Credit: Barbara Mellor
We have had a busy September, now heading into the final week, with mixed results in our inter-club competitions as well as an eventful home programme including ladies’, mixed and men’s friendly matches.
Following a tough season for many golfers playing ‘catch up’ with events following periods of lockdown, our Still Cup (scratch play) team played and won their semi-final match at Churston, playing Royal North Devon, and now play in the final at Royal North Devon on 1 October. Hopefully. the RND course will have a good many East Devon supporters around the fairways giving our ladies encouragement.
Our Sheelagh Creasy ladies played a semi-final match at Teign Valley against Teignmouth. Sadly for us, Teignmouth proved the stronger team and we lost this match. Similarly, in their semi-final matches, our Presidents 1 team played Tiverton and our Presidents 2 team played Wrangaton, both of whom lost. We are very proud of the ladies’ achievements and will now set our sights on the 2022 competitions.
Our Annodata ladies played St Mellion in Round 5 of this national event and won with a terrific 4/1 result. Our congratulations go to this team and our hopes for a next round success. This will take place before 11 October and we are fortunate that it will be a home course match for us so, again, I am sure many of our ladies and gents will be on the course watching and encouraging the team.
Finally, on the inter-club front, we were delighted to have Sue Harrison and Jane Atkin win the DCVLGA 4BBB Knock Out final playing an Axe Cliff ladies pair. A great result and, again, our congratulations to them both for excellent play.
You may also want to watch:
Our Ladies Section held an Autumn Meeting foursomes, followed by a presentation by our Ladies Captain, Carole, of many of our trophies spanning both 2020 and 2021.
East Devon GC also hosted the DevonGolf Mens Championship, the DevonGolf Ladies Championship, the DevonGolf Wish Slater Salver KO (Mens), the DevonGolf Lloyd Williams Salver KO, and the Mens and Ladies DevonGolf County Championship KOs last weekend.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 John and Grace run for the heart
- 6 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser