East Devon captain’s charity gets big boost
- Credit: Archant
East Devon Golf Club recently hosted a Fashion Show in aid of their Captains’ Charity.
Models for the evening were members of the ladies’ section of the club.
More than 120 ladies came along to see the fashions provided by Angie’s of Budleigh Salterton and the East Devon Golf Pro shop.
Also on hand to give beauty advice on the evening were Kylie and her colleagues of Beauty Boutique in Budleigh Salterton.
The captain’ charity this year is Wooden Spoon, the children’s charity of rugby.
You may also want to watch:
Together with Wooden Spoon, the club are raising funds to purchase much needed equipment for Honeylands Children’s Centre in Exeter.
Thanks to the generosity of all those who purchased tickets for the event, together with additional raffle tickets, almost £1,200 was raised on the evening for this very worthwhile cause.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 3 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 6 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 7 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 8 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 9 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
Wooden Spoon’s mascot ‘Spoony’ also took to the catwalk – in a surprise appearance – and caused quite a commotion!
With a narrow walkway set between the rows of chairs, it took two ‘minders’ to steer the excited bear down the catwalk and ensure a safe return to the changing room.