East Budleigh stretch lead at top of the Exmouth Snooker League table
- Credit: Archant
East Budleigh stretched their lead in the Exmouth Snooker League to four points following their two recent victories.
Firstly, Graham Ward 86(32)-6, Alan Farrant 69-57 and Derek Quick had their match-winning margin cut to a single point by Dion Newcombe 66-52 and Dave Lance 69-48, of defending champions Conservative Club.
Then, Graham Ward 84(34)-35, Alan Farrant 79-69, Derek Quick 50-20 and Kev Luxton 67-43 were denied maximum points by Phil Rowsell 97-54 of the visiting Police Social Club B.
Police B lost all five frames against the Police A as Carl Rowsell 71-61, Mike Delahaye 65-51, Rob Pow 91-54, Pete Abrahams 66-31 and George Webster 82-63 staked their claim to top the leader board.
But the Police A had to settle for second place so far with only Pete Abrahams winning at the Police C, 76-49.
You may also want to watch:
Despite Carl Rowsell clearing the last red and all the colours to top the highest break to date (35), he lost to John Anderson, 80-54.
Trevor Haylock 55-45, John Parrott 54-23 and Bob Alexander 81-45, inflicted only the second defeat on last season’s runners-up.
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 4 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Seven-goal Brixington turn on the style
Latest table P W Pts
East Budleigh 7 6 24
Police SC A 6 4 24
Police SC C 6 4 15
Conservative Club 6 1 12
Police SC B 7 1 9
Highest break: Carl Rowsell 35