East Budleigh Reserves let a two-goal lead slip in home defeat
- Credit: Archant
East Budleigh Reserves let slip an early two-goal lead before going down 5-2 at home to Central Reserves in a Macron League Division Eight meeting, writes Mark Auton.
Budleigh made a flying start and Rory Waite crossed for Jack Howarth to open the scoring, and, within minutes, it was 2-0 as Howarth helped himself to a second.
Tom Christian then centred for Howarth, who just failed to apply the touch that would have made it three.
Unfortunately, that’s as good as it got as the away side managed to turn a two-goal deficit into a 5-2 lead before the break as Budleigh made an average side look good with some poor defending.
Jack Morgan had a goal disallowed for a slight push as a shell-shocked Budleigh went into the break.
You may also want to watch:
Budleigh steadied the ship in the second period, but the damage had already been done.
This Saturday (April 7), Budleigh visit Cheriton Fitzpaine looking to bounce straight back.
- 1 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 2 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 3 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 4 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 5 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 8 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 9 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 10 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian