East Budleigh Reserves have winning start to league season ended
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
East Budleigh Reserves slipped to defeat for the first time this season in Macron League Seven when beaten 4-3 at Okehampton Reserves, writes Mark Auton.
Having beaten their hosts earlier in the season it appeared that some Budleigh players thought they just had to turn up to win.
Okehampton led 1-0 at the break and started the second period in rampant mood with a further three goals.
For Budleigh, Josh Sale worked tirelessly as Budleigh went on the comeback; Jack Hocking moved into double figures for the campaign with a brace that included a penalty, whilst Ben Wilks also found the net for a Budleigh side that need to up the anti when they travel to Bickleigh this Saturday (November 3). Kick-off in Mid Devon is 2.15pm.
Meanwhile, East Budleigh 1st team were also beaten, going down 4-0 to a good Exeter University side.
You may also want to watch:
On what was a poor afternoon in general across the team, Jacob Rice was the pick of the East Budleigh side. This Saturday (November 3), North Tawton are the visitors to Vicarage Road (2.15pm).
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year