East Budleigh Reserves cruelly edged out by Bickleigh
- Credit: Archant
East Budleigh Reserves lost four goals in the last half hour of their Macron League Division Seven fixture against visiting Bickleigh, cruelly falling to a narrow 4-3 defeat, but could easily have been six up before conceding, writes Mark Auton.
Jack Illsley opened the scoring for Budleigh before Jack Hocking made it two from the penalty spot.
On his return to Budleigh, Jack Howarth finished well for number three, and, with Drew Shorrock making a fine save with his foot, all looked good for Budleigh at the break.
After the re-start both Howarth and Josh Sale both had chances to add to the score and Howarth was also denied what looked a stonewall penalty!
However, Budleigh were giving away too many free-kicks in dangerous areas and the visitors took advantage to chip away at the lead before eventually going on to steal a late winner.
You may also want to watch:
This Saturday (November 17) Budleigh are in need of a victory on the road when they visit Starcross to play HT Dons.
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year