East Budleigh pay the price – again – for missed chances in derby defeat
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Near neighbours Otterton came from behind to inflict a 2-1 defeat on an East Budleigh side who will again rue missed chances, writes Mark Auton.
Jack Hocking rose well to head home a Liam West corner to give Budleigh the advantage in this Joma League Division One East fixture and they also Hocking, Adam Wilkinson, Hugo Demetre and Tom West all go close to getting a second.
However, the second did not arrive and Otterton striker Cameron Brown capitalised on sloppiness from Budleigh to make it 1-1.
In the second period Liam West saw his drive rattle the upright, but it was Brown who struck again to stun Budleigh and claim the points.
Budleigh travel to Dunkeswell (3pm) this Saturday (October 24) and need to cut out the errors for which they are currently being punished for.
You may also want to watch:
East Budleigh Reserves were beaten 3-1 at Bishop Blaize in a Division Two East encounter.
Sam Rice netted a consolation for the Jays who entertain Axminster Town Reserves this Saturday with kick-off at Vicarage Road being at 3pm.
- 1 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
- 2 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 3 Westpoint one of two news venues to be used for vaccine roll out
- 4 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 5 Remembering the victims of the holocaust
- 6 The discovery of unusual items in the search for crucial paperwork - Paul Nero
- 7 Family pride for Kayleigh the Chief
- 8 Hospiscare charity will hold virtual recruitment fair
- 9 Covid-19 test may be daunting but protecting vulnerable is eesential
- 10 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset