East Budleigh net six in Easter success
- Credit: Archant
It was definitely a Happy Easter for East Budleigh, who produced an excellent all-round team performance to beat Halwill 6-0 on Monday afternoon, writes Mark Auton.
Budleigh controlled proceedings from start to finish and it was Liam West who got the ball rolling with a cracking strike from 25 yards to give his side a very well-deserved half-time lead.
After the break, the Jays continued to dominate and were rewarded with a brace apiece for both Dan Atkinson and Jack Howarth respectively.
The final goal saw Jack Greenslade add his name to the score sheet.
West was named Man of the Match for a Budleigh side who will need to be equally as good on Saturday when they host league leaders Bampton at Vicarage Road (3pm).
You may also want to watch:
After Saturday’s game, the Jays senior team will have seven games left with two at home and five away.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 8 Date set for Exmouth woman's murder trial
- 9 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh