East Budleigh 2nds 2-1 Millwey Rise
- Credit: Archant
East Budleigh Reserves returned to winning ways by completing a deserved league double over Millwey Rise last Saturday.
Budleigh welcomed back Dave Radford and Chris Watts to the side, giving them a better stability and played some great passing football, but without finding the back of the net.
After a sluggish start, Millwey struck the post and did produce some moments of individual brilliance
Five minutes from the break, Sam Dibling’s powerful drive gave Millwey a half-time advantage but Budleigh began the second period confidently and were level when Josh Sale struck an excellent equaliser.
Minutes later, Budleigh had turned it round; Sam Rice cut in to box drawing a foul and a penalty from which Sale stepped up to smash home.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors were reduced to ten men when Zak Meeker was dismissed for an infraction on Tom Marker, who then had the last laugh rounding the ‘keeper to seal the win.
- 1 Lower Otter Restoration Project delayed after concerns raised over nesting birds
- 2 Budleigh couple’s book detailing their South American adventures
- 3 Exmouth Town mourn former manager
- 4 Jurassic Fibre helps local businesses get better connected
- 5 Female football opportunities at Budleigh
- 6 New High Sheriff of Devon appointed
- 7 East Devon AONB ‘violet hunt’ launched
- 8 Plenty of case work picked up on campaign trail, but I'm happy to help
- 9 Thousands of trees are being planted, but what can we do to help environment?
- 10 Property of the Week: Glebelands