Devon League latest - Local action on the final Saturday of August
- Credit: Archant
Today (Saturday) is the final matchday in the six-week long Tolchards Devon League four-team competition.
After today’s games the competition becomes a knockout cup.
The big game locally is the derby match at the Maer Ground where Exmouth host Budleigh Salterton.
The visitors are set to field an unchanged side for the fourth game in a row while the Maer men former Devon captain Bob Dawson to play against his former club. Dawson is almost retired these days, but he turned out for the 2nd XI in the recent meeting with Exeter and scored a century.
In Tier Three East Two there’s a right royal scrap going on with regard to which of the four teams goes through to the knockout stages. Clyst St George travel to Exeter II while Exmouth II are in action in Mid Devon at Sandford II.
You may also want to watch:
In Tier Five, East Three, Budleigh Salterton II are in home action against Topsham St James.
In Tier Six, East Four, Clyst St George II entertain Alphington & Countess Wear at Bohea Field.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson
In Tier Six East Four Woodbury & Newton St Cyres 1st XI entertain Seaton 2nds.
In Tier Eight, East East Five, Topsham St James 2nd XI are away at Sidbury and, in the same group Woodbury & Newton St Cyres II are away to Kentisbeare II.