Cotton stars as Exmouth United U11s power to big home win
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth United Under-11s were 10-0 winners when they hosted Honiton Chargers in an Exeter and District Youth League match.
In what was a bright opening from the home side they took an early lead with Dominic Lawrence applying a clinical finish to a fine passing move.
Lawrence doubled his tally soon after and another end-to-end sweeping move with slick passing led to a third goal, this time scored by Zach French.
A fourth was added before the break when Lawrence crossed from the right and Jack Lopez made a terrific supporting run to meet the cross with the sweetest of volleys.
With the game effectively over as a contest by the halfway mark, United coach Carl Farr rang the changes, but the precise passing of the home side did not change.
You may also want to watch:
William Cotton moved into midfield where he showed tremendous passing skills and the United dominance continued.
Ollie Kielty rifled home the fifth before young Lawrence completed yet another hat-trick. Ollie Darville rounded of a great team move with a strong run and finish to make it 7-0 and then Cotton capped his Man of the Match performance with his first goal of the season!
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 New recycling centre permit scheme to kerb commercial dumping
- 3 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 4 Hospiscare thanks to businesses who raised £14,500
- 5 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 6 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 7 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 8 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 9 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 10 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
The final goal was scored by Lawrence, curling a free-kick into the top corner to round off another most impressive team performance from United.