Cossey shines in Exe II defeat
Exe II were beaten 4-0 at Cheltenham.
From the first whistle it was clear that Cheltenham’s well drilled squad were going to be a challenge for a new look and somewhat youthful Exe second team - four players made their Exe II debuts, however none appeared to be phased by the experience.
The contest was sealed in a five minute spell just before half time.
Two well worked short corners and a defensive error gifting Cheltenham a 3-0 lead that despite their early pressure were against the run of play.
Coming back from that would be a tall order, but Exe persevered. A lovely ball by Glynnis Poole slicing open the defence, but Bridget Culver’s shot was not enough to beat the home side’s keeper.
You may also want to watch:
Molly Colman, Meg Pearson and Laura Allen battled hard up front all creating chances for either themselves or their teammates.
Player of the match Lou Cossey and Emma Dupain had sterling second half performances and it was unfortunate that Exe II were not to gain the consolation goal that the display warranted.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 5 Stunning sunrise and sunset entries submitted for joint chamber contest
- 6 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 7 There's light at the end of the tunnel - but for now embrace lockdown life
- 8 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 9 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
- 10 Community thanked for help in setting up rapid testing centre at college