Cooper at the double as Town Reserves extend unbeaten top flight run
- Credit: Archant
Exmouth Town Reserves continued what is currently an excellent run of form in their Macron League Premier Division campaign with a 2-1 Easter Saturday, Southern Road success over Beer Albion.
Town made a decent start to the contest, but it was more a case of good approach play without a finish that meant the opening goal did not arrive until 10 minutes before the break!
The deadlock was broken by a fine finish from Nathan Cooper. The second half did not start so well for the home side and a battling Beer outfit levelled the scored with a superb 30-yard free-kick.
The goal stung Town back to life and they began to press higher up the pitch and their endeavours were rewarded when, after some quick thinking at a free-kick, Cooper struck again to seal a 2-1 success.
Town player-boss Ryan Harris said: “We got the job done in what were testing conditions given the heat! If there’s a down size it’s simply that we did not convert more of our chances. That said, it’s another three points and our unbeaten run is extended so we continue to climb the table.”
You may also want to watch:
He continued: “I must make special mention to the Southern Road faithful, they were behind us all the way and we are extremely grateful to them for their continued support.”
- 1 David puts big business career on ice to return to his seafront roots
- 2 Exmouth bodybuilder became cocaine dealer after devastating bike crash
- 3 Sun helps volunteers shine a light on town's blooming brilliant look
- 4 Gold medal for East Devon powerlifter
- 5 Tri-Hard Runners brave the heat
- 6 Farewell for councillor who worked tirelessly for his constituents
- 7 A tale of two cities made more accessible by air
- 8 Exmouth local set to brave the shave for friend Simon
- 9 Exmouth road extension backed in parliament
- 10 Joint initiative Is big bowls success