Conway spins his way through the Budleigh middle order in Under-15 game
Exmouth Under-15s enjoyed success against neighbours Budleigh in a Bradleys East Devon League game.
Batting first, Budleigh were given a flying start by Harry Collison who plundered 54 before retiring with his wicket intact.
However, with Collison in charge at one end wickets tumbled at the other!
Jack England (1-18), Ryan Shaefler (1-29) and James Horler (1-9), claimed wickets whilst Harry Conway span his way through the middle order finishing with superb figures of 5-19 as Budleigh closed on 136-9 from their 20 overs.
Exmouth’s reply started at pace with Finlay Marks and Jack England getting stuck into the opening attack.
You may also want to watch:
England fell for 13 bringing Max Reader to the wicket and he plundered 14 runs in a single over before falling to Craib for 15.
Marks kept the momentum going with a flurry of four’s, but wickets were falling until Under-12 player James Horler (6) put on important runs with Marks.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 10 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
Matt Seager then steadied the ship scoring 12 runs before he was bowled and marks was eventually run out for 37.
It was left to Liv Young (3) and Ryan Schaefler (10) to be undefeated as Exmouth sealed a three wicket win on 139-7.