Clyst St George teams suffer mixed fortunes
- Credit: Archant
Clyst St George were beaten by two wickets in a close encounter at the Maer ground home of Exmouth II.
The Bohea Field men batted first and were led to a close of 218-6 by a splendid unbeaten 84 from Dan Kendall. Gregg Marks took 3-21 for Exmouth who then got home with two wickets to spare thanks to a knock of 69 from Louis Morison.
Other Maer men to score runs were Richard Baggs (40) and Stuart Rintoul (32) while Andrew Donovan finished with figures of 3-29 for the beaten side.
Clyst St George II were 31-run winners of their home meeting with Thorverton II.
Clyst were a troubled 65-6 before Oz Besley (27) and Will Furniss (49no) added 67 for the seventh wicket as the home side closed on 165-8.
You may also want to watch:
The Thors replied with 131-7 with two wicket hauls for Sophie Florides (2-12 from seven overs), Oz Besley (2-35) and Nathan Wells (2-31).
- 1 Changes made to Exmouth bus route following national lockdown
- 2 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 3 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray
- 4 Open Door is here for the community during lockdown 3.0
- 5 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 6 Headteacher ‘blown away’ by response to computer fundraising campaign
- 7 Town council’s slice of tax bill set to decrease
- 8 Rugby hopeful for a brighter summer
- 9 Budleigh café steps in to provide school lunch parcels
- 10 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year