Clyst St George suffer narrow defeat at Sandford
- Credit: Archant
Clyst St George Cricket Club lost their second game in as many matches following a narrow defeat at Sandford Cricket Club Seconds in East 2 (Tier 3) division.
Sandford finished their innings on 218-8 and Clyst St George fell 18 runs short in their chase, ending the day on 200 all out.
Sandford batted first and were put in a dominant position thanks to a score of 72 from Christopher Blake. Tom Williams finished just eight runs short of his half century.
Chatterjee was the pick of the bowlers for Clyst St George, taking 6-40.
Inder Singh on 74 was the leading run scorer in Clyst St George’s chase while Daniel Kendall scored 66.
You may also want to watch:
The wickets were shared around the Sandford players with Maud taking four, Hawkins three and Lewis two.
The defeat means Clyst St George are in third spot behind Exeter Seconds and league leaders Sandford.
- 1 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 2 'we're here to help' Budleigh Covid Support Group ready for action
- 3 Police warning over fake Covid-19 vaccine texts scam
- 4 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 5 Budleigh Coronavirus Community Lifelines
- 6 Put the kettle on to support your local hospice
- 7 ‘We’re here to help’ - eMAG’s volunteers ready to help during latest lockdown
- 8 Exeter City Community Trust stepping up again
- 9 Community energy funding helps TRIP coordinate thousands of requests for support
- 10 Temporary seafront attractions to remain in place for the summer
This Saturday (August 8), Clyst St George host Exmouth Seconds.