Clyst St George make Exmouth 2nds work hard for victory in high-scoring encounter
- Credit: Archant
Clyst St George gave Exmouth II run for their money before going down by 11 runs in a high-scoring affair on the Bohea Field, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
James Horler (66) and Jon Evernett (52) both smacked half-centuries in Exmouths’s tally of 277 all out.
There were stands of 58 between Horler and Lawrence Greenway (36) and 69 between Evernett and Louis Morison (28). Sam Goodier chipped in with 34 going in at fifth wicket down.
Sam Read (9-1-32-0) was the cheapest of the Clyst bowlers. Andrew Donovan (5-48) had the most success.
Clyst got to 196 for five in reply with Dan Kendall (29), Ben Pullan (29), Chris Ferro (39) and Jayakrupaker Nallala (36) all among the runs.
You may also want to watch:
The asking rate crept up to 10 an over for a while and Andy Donovan (34) and skipper Harry Attwater (43) did their best to keep up.
Twenty-five to win from the last two overs proved just too many and Clyst ran out of time at 266 for six.
- 1 Afghan refugees to be found temporary accommodation in Exmouth
- 2 Could building above car parks help solve housing issue?
- 3 Lions' golf day puts thousands into vital diabetes research
- 4 Exmouth Harriers running all over the UK
- 5 Tune in to free help if you get interference on your television
- 6 Exmouth driver claimed he was spooked by unmarked police car
- 7 Budleigh Salterton Parkinson's Disease T-shirt fundraiser
- 8 Five per cent of county care home staff yet to have jab
- 9 Budleigh bowlers welcome touring sides
- 10 New electric vehicle charging hubs given the green light
Exmouth entertain Uplyme this Saturday. Clyst are away to leaders Heathcoat II.