Charity football match for Budleigh Veterans
- Credit: RV.One
Budleigh Salterton Vets were engaged in a match on Sunday against an RV-ONE Charity XI.
It’s a charity whose motto reads “To Rehabilitate The Mind Through Functional Fitness, Creativity And Adventure”. The aim is to assist those affected by Mental Health issues, writes SpursTom.
The game was a largely entertaining affair, with those in attendance treated to a ten-goal feast. The RV-ONE outfit, led by Luke Kelsall, found themselves two behind within six minutes of the start.
Budleigh Vets, looked after by Danny Williams in the absence of Andy ‘Benno’ Bennett, were playing the better passing football, whilst also adding goals at regular intervals to mount a 5-0 interval advantage.
Slight tactical changes during the second period showed a more competitive VR-ONE unit. Yes, they conceded a sixth, but soon found the net themselves, pulling back to 6-2. There was still time for more goals, both teams hitting the target to bring the final score of 7-3 to Budleigh Salterton Vets.
It was a good run out for both sides. If anyone wishes to learn more about VR-ONE, check them out on https://rvone.co.uk
You may also want to watch:
Budleigh Salterton Vets are scheduled to play again this coming Friday evening at Greenway Lane, with a 19.30 kick off.
- 1 Council spending on temporary housing soars as crisis grows
- 2 Judges and lawyers pay tribute to 'simply the best' Anna
- 3 Property supply continues to be an issue as we approach the end of the year
- 4 Drink spiking crackdown after needle attack - Devon Police
- 5 Man left with serious injures after crash on Woodbury Common
- 6 John and Grace run for the heart
- 7 Exmouth Harriers pounding the roads of York and Portsmouth
- 8 Blooming marvellous for Madeira bowls
- 9 Supermarket chain planning four new stores in East Devon
- 10 Lifeboat crew plan bumper fireworks display fundraiser