Cameron-Jones wins May stableford at East Devon
- Credit: Archant
Fiona Cameron-Jones was the winner of a high scoring and hard fought May stableford competition at East Devon Golf Club, writes Helen Chivers.
Cameron-Jones played three under her handicap to record 39 points in claiming victory over the 80 competitors, just one shot clear of Julieta Steiner in second place on 38 points.
Fiona and Julieta also claimed the top two positions in Bronze division, with Jean Quinn one shot further back on one under par 37 points.
Linda Longmuir was fourth on level par 36 points and Jane Harvey took fifth place on countback from Barbara Bartlett as they both recorded 35 points.
Silver Division was equally close fought with Judy Murray taking top spot with her level par round of 36 points.
You may also want to watch:
Jane Williams was second with a one over par round of 35 points and Sarah White beat Lea Finding into third place on countback with scores of 34 points. Another countback was needed to separate Sue Fowler and Margaret Powell as they returned scores of 33 points, Sue just taking fifth place because of a better back nine.
Also up for grabs were prizes for the stableford finals in each division – a competition played between winners of the monthly stablefords held in 2017. Judy Murray was the winner for Silver Division and Alison Price for Bronze with a score of 34 points.
- 1 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
- 2 Exmouth residents urged to have their say on WPD’s five-year plan
- 3 Builders merchant encouraging businesses to support Exmouth mental health organisation
- 4 Jurassic Fibre installs 10Gbps connection to Winslade Park
- 5 Work begins on former temporary car park on Exmouth seafront
- 6 ‘Light at the end of the tunnel’ for East Devon’s top attractions
- 7 Proper Fish and Chips expanding into Cranbrook
- 8 LED Leisure Centres ready to reopen
- 9 Fears over ‘seafront nightclub’ alleyed following licensing application concerns
- 10 Exclusive behind-the-scenes look at Mikeys Beach Bar