Budleigh Salterton’s Tom Real lands award at Youth League Presentation Evening
- Credit: Getty Images/Brand X
The second Sunday of June saw the staging of the annual Exeter and District Youth League Presentation Evening, writes SpursTom.
It is fair to report that all those in attendance – and there was another good turnout – had a pleasant evening.
For many of these youngsters the highlight was going up on stage to collect a trophy and certificate as the player chosen by their club as the Exeter and District Youth League Player of the Season.
In terms of Budleigh Salterton Under-15s, that honour was bestowed upon Tom Real.
In respect of the divisional honours, this is how the teams of East Devon got on. Ottery St Mary were runners-up in the Under-12s Division Two and the Under-12s Division One runners-up were Brixington Blues. Lympstone were runners-up in the Under-13s Division Two and Brixington Blues were crowned champions of Under-13s Division One.
You may also want to watch:
Feniton were Under-14s Division Three runners-up and Exmouth United bagged the runners-up trophy in Under-14s Division One.
In Under-15s Division Two, the main honour went to our very own Budleigh Salterton and another East Devon side, Feniton Youth, went home with the runners-up trophy. Last, but not least, there was East Devon success in the Under-16 section with Seaton Town taking the title in the Under-16s Division Two.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 3 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 4 Repair cafe opens again
- 5 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 6 Budleigh Hub makes gearchange to Seachange
- 7 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 8 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 9 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 10 Welcome opportunity to celebrate natural beauty of pebblebed heaths
Congratulations to the above. To those not fortunate enough to be on stage, my advice to you all is, do not give up, but keep trying.
Good luck to everyone next season. Have a happy summer.