Budleigh Salterton girls U14s into cup semi-finals
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Budleigh Salterton girls Under-14s had, up to the end of October, only played two matches this season, sadly losing both, writes SpursTom.
However, November proved to a little more fruitful as they started the month with a 1-0 home win over Twyford Spartans thanks to a goal from Coco Goodbody-Stannard.
They followed that with a visit to Galmpton United from where they returned with nothing to show for their efforts, going down 4-0 to the South Devon side.
Their final match in November came with an away visit to one of their divisional rivals, Stoke Hill Juniors, for a League Cup encounter.
This turned out to be the young Robinnetes finest performance of the season, one in which they powered to an emphatic 12-0 win.
You may also want to watch:
The scoring honours were taken by Amy Leadbetter, who netted six times! Beth Browring scored a hat-trick and the other goals came from Tilly Avery, Yasmin Levi and Lucy Spiller.
The win over the Exeter side means the young Robinettes have a cup semi-final to look forward to!
- 1 Work to begin on plan to protect ‘jewel in Exmouth’s crown’
- 2 Exmouth Hospiscare centre gets cash boost from Freemasons
- 3 Lympstone brothers raise funds and awareness as part of National Autism Week
- 4 Withycombe Ladies announce new coach
- 5 Flowers blooming at All Saints for Easter
- 6 Plans for Beacon land to be used by hotel thrown out
- 7 As we look forward to a more normal life, what will your 'legacy hand' be?
- 8 Dreams and nightmares at the Grand National
- 9 Last-minute drama for East Budleigh
- 10 Glowing tributes paid to Exmouth RNLI ‘legend’ Tim Mock
Budleigh Under-14s will again face Stoke Hill Juniors with the pair meeting in a league game at Greenway Lane (10.30am) this coming Sunday (December 2).