Budleigh Reserves well beaten by visiting Sandford
- Credit: Getty Images/Image Source
Budleigh Salterton Reserves went down 5-0 when they welcomed Sandford to Greenway Lane for a Macron Devon and Exeter League fixture, writes SpursTom.
The underlying problem, on the day, for the Robins was that they were simply too generous in their play, gifting the opposition all three points with an inept performance.
The visitors took a 15th minute lead with what proved to be the only goal of the first 45 minutes.
A second was conceded within a minute of the re-start and, from 2-0 down, things got worse as, within eight minutes of the second half starting, Budleigh found themselves 4-0 down!
The Mid Devon-based side added a fifth with 15 minutes remaining.
You may also want to watch:
For Budleigh, this was a fifth defeat in nine Division Three outings, a run which does not bode well for the coming months. Clearly there is a need for plenty of hard work, starting with lots of training – as a team!
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 4 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI
- 10 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson