Budleigh net terrific point / Exmouth Town win again / Cockles lose away – a round-up of Saturday’s local sport
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh bank precious point, Exmouth Town net another clean sheet, but the Cockles go down on artificial surface at Maidenhead
Exmouth were beaten 38-14 on their visit to Maidenhead for their latest South West Premier game.
The Cockles made a sluggish start and found themselves 26-0 down, albeit with a couple of ‘errors’ aiding the home cause. Then the Cockles woke up and scored a brace of tries to make it 26-14, but, in the end, the home side, who are very tough to beat on their artificial home pitch – even all conquering Bournemouth have been beaten on the surface this season – added a dozen more points to take the honours.
Withycombe showed they still have plenty of fight left in them as they made visiting South Molton work hard for their eventual 22-15 win at Raleigh Park.
You may also want to watch:
Leading scorer Ace High and Jordan Harris were both amongst the goal scorers as Exmouth Town defeated Launceston 4-0 at Southern Road.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 4 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 7 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 8 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 9 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake
- 10 Reduced timetables for trains on Avocet Line, GWR announces
High netted twice, and was later named the Man of the Match and the other Town goals came from Harris – who got the first – and Dan Boere.
Budleigh Salterton deserve the day’s sporting headline though as the Robins held high-flying Torridgeside to a 3-3 draw at Greenway Lane!
In Macron League football, Topsham Town were beaten 5-2 at Seaton Town in a Premier Division game while, in Division Three, East Budleigh thrashed Otterton 5-0. In the same section, Budleigh Reserves were involved in a high-scoring game at Sandford where the Robins’ second string went down 8-5!
In a Division Eight game, Exmouth Town thirds took a good point from a 1-1 draw with Lympstone Reserves.