Budleigh indoor bowlers preparing for a weekend of finals
- Credit: Archant
The Budleigh indoor bowlers will play their Finals Weekend this Saturday and Sunday (April 6 and 7), writes David Roberts.
This year’s club internal competition finals promise to be an exciting time and all members are encouraged to come and watch the finalists.
Results this week have seen Leighton Burston and John Dill progress to the men’s 106 final, whilst Di Dixon booked her place in the ladies’ four wood final against Joan Shaw.
Dawn Graham is through to the three wood final where she will meet Margaret Avery. Simon Weclawek and David Roberts will play the outstanding men’s semi-final match in the two wood to earn the right to play Richard Cooper in the final.
In the latest match in the Rene French Pairs, Melissa Camp and Joan Shaw beat Gwen Hurst and Di Dixon 15-12.
You may also want to watch:
Times and players listings for all the finals will be posted at the club midweek and players and members can enjoy refreshments whilst watching some top class bowling.
- 1 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 2 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 6 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities
- 7 Repair cafe opens again
- 8 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 9 Dealer took over vulnerable people's homes in Exmouth and Exeter
- 10 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there