Budleigh IIs slip deeper into trouble after defeat at Braunton
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton II slipped even further into relegation trouble in the C Division East when they lost by five wickets at Braunton, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Veteran opener Neil Murrin (49) and Donovan Robinson (57) were Budleigh’s main scorers in a 40-over total of 171 for six. They put on 85 for the second wicket.
Wickets were hard to acquire, although Dan Brierley (2-45) and Joe Barnes (2-36) did their bit.
Braunton opener Jon Baglow (47) and Mike Taylor (40no) got the chase up to 102 for two.
There was a lull in proceedings while Braunton regrouped after a double strike from Khair Ahmadazai (4-43), but it wasn’t long before Jack Whittaker (32) got the chase on track.
You may also want to watch:
Victory keeps Braunton out of the bottom three relegation places. They host Feniton, the side immediately below, them this Saturday.
Budleigh have fallen 27 points adrift and need to improve on a one-six record. Doing it against unbeaten leaders Sidmouth this Saturday may be tricky.
- 1 CLOSING - Exmouth's HSBC branch to shut later this year
- 2 An art of glass has always proved popular at auction - Piers Motley
- 3 The positive vibe from volunteering is truly uplifting
- 4 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 5 Smiles of hope as care home residents and staff receive their first vaccine
- 6 Look to the future to find the key to motivation
- 7 Government scraps proposals to increase house building quota in East Devon
- 8 The 'frightening' contrast in dealing with defeat - Eileen Wragg
- 9 A new arrival for Christmas at the Sampson household
- 10 New year, new partnerships and opportunity - Laura Woodward-Drake