Budleigh Croquet Club Charity competition win for Adrienne and Sam
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton Croquet Club started its 2019 season with a major charity event in aid of the Alzheimer’s Society, writes Judith Moore.
Thirty-six players took part to compete in what is certainly a fast-moving and fun variant of Association Croquet.
At the end of the day, players and spectators enjoyed a delicious cream tea served up by club member Val Chilcott and her team of helpers, while watching a closely fought final that saw Adrienne Hebdidge and Sam Watts just edge out Shelley Hennell and Nigel Amos.
An enjoyable day and a great boost for the Alzheimer’s Society with over £400 raised!
The croquet club welcomes new members and will be holding open days on May 9 and 12.
You may also want to watch:
See www.budleighcroquet.org for details.
- 1 Remembering the golden age of Exmouth
- 2 Council chairman declares unique new sensory garden open
- 3 Chair of council is the right man for the job
- 4 Funding boost means park team can get their skates on
- 5 The virus brought into focus many problems that were already there
- 6 Repair cafe opens again
- 7 Communities complete vital work to protect future development
- 8 MP and councillors call for rethink on plan for cycle lane
- 9 Exmouth Harrier wins British Masters marathon
- 10 Estuary team invite families to go wild with summer activities