Budleigh claim derby honours at Sidmouth thanks to Greenslade brace
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton were 3-0 winners in the Boxing Day derby game at Sidmouth Town, writes Alan Beer.
The first half of the contest at Manstone Lane was even-steven with the nearest either side came to a goal being in the 22nd minute when the home side’s Ash Small struck the Budleigh post.
A minute before the break Aaron Denny netted from close range to give the Robins the interval advantage.
On the hour mark Jack Greenslade got away down the right, but his cross was met well by Aaron Denny only for the ball to go wide of the target!
The lead was doubled in the 75th minute when a left wing cross from Hugo Demetre was turned home by Greenslade and the same player struck again four minutes from time with Callum Shipton providing the assist.
You may also want to watch:
Karl Riddell picked up the Robins’ Man of the Match award for his excellent shift at left wing back.
A big factor in a fine all-round show by Budleigh was the presence of Carl Everest, home for the festive break from his duties with the RAF and making a most welcome appearance in Robins colours once more.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 8 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 9 Do you know who owns the Magnolia clock?
- 10 Introducing the Journal's newest columnst - Scott Gray