Budleigh Bowlers pick up maximum points in Devon competition
- Credit: Budleigh Bowls
The new season is well underway at Budleigh Salterton Bowls Club and already a great result in the Devon Over 60’s Division Two competition.
The Budleigh team travelled to local rivals Feniton and produced some excellent bowls to win the match 41-23. It was an exceptional performance from the Budleigh Men, many of whom are new to the Over 60’s League, securing all eight points on offer.
Brian Membury skipped his rink, with Terry Flynn No.2 and Peter Foreman lead, and enjoyed a sound win of 20:8. Terry Flynn played an exceptional debut game for the Club.
Andrew Cardy was Skipping the other rink, with Norman Upchurch No.2 and Andy Skudder lead. This game was a real dog-fight and after 15 ends, the score was 15-15. Andrew Cardy then produced the shots required to ensure a 21-15 win.
The season will be a real test for Budleigh with so many new players joining the squad to play in the League and a special thanks goes Peter Foreman for organising the teams.
Budleigh have enjoyed a busy start to their Outdoor season and on April 30 hosted the touring team from Westlecot. The scores were very close at halfway but Westlecot then found their form and the result was a win for Westlecot of 126-86.
Budleigh then hosted a mixed team from Belmont, who played well and won the match 69-51. Budleigh followed this game with a trip to St. Thomas for a mixed match and were again on the losing side, with a win to St Thomas of 80-44.
The Club plays many friendly games against local Clubs and touring sides. Anyone interested in trying bowls should contact Tony Mackness, the Captain (Anthony.firstname.lastname@example.org) or view the Budleigh Bowls website.
- 1 Morning dip at Budleigh gets ‘seal’ of approval
- 2 Budleigh gift shop named among region's best
- 3 Ladram Bay to feature in 'staycation' TV show
- 4 Exmouth’s Sarah can see ‘bigger picture’ thanks to diabetes prevention programme
- 5 Budleigh councillors 'aflush' with town loo options
- 6 Budleigh gears up for Gala Week
- 7 Jubilee Big Band concert at Exmouth Pavilion
- 8 Bailiffs instructed to evict caravans from Exmouth site ‘as soon as possible’
- 9 Drama club stage sci-fi spoof comedy play
- 10 Put the bunting out - East Devon gets ready for Jubilee revelry
Bowls England are organising the Bowls Big Weekend 2022 over the weekend of May 27-29. The theme is "Come and Have a Go at Bowls. The Sport for All Ages". Budleigh are holding their event on Friday, May 27. Keep an eye on these pages for further news on this terrific event and an opportunity to experience a fabulous sport.