Budleigh bowlers in fine success over Honiton
- Credit: Archant
The highlight this week for the Budleigh bowlers was a mixed friendly win against Honiton at Cricket Field Lane, writes David Roberts.
Budleigh won both rinks to claim an overall 50-26 success.
Ann Vincent, Stephen Lacey, Marilyn Jackson and John Dill were dominant from the start and won convincingly 28-9 whilst in a closer game Marion Lacey, Gerry Roberts, Dick Mitchell and skip Mo Bond came from behind fighting off a late rally from their opponents to take the rink 22-17.
In the first of the season’s men’s versus ladies matches the rinks were shared, but there was an overall win for the men at 42 shots to 30.
There was a great win for Ann Vincent, Ann Membery, Joan Cowing and Di Lowe, as they just pipped the men, 17-16 whilst Derek Stanley, Reg Ringsell, Dick Mitchell and Paul Griffin pulled away late in the game to win 26-13.
You may also want to watch:
The Budleigh Evening League saw two matches this week as the Budleigh Buzzhawks made it a hat-trick of wins, once again taking maximum points, as they beat the Maderia Bluebirds 40-27. Tony Lim, Mike Shaw and Rod Freer played well to take their rink 21-11 whilst Bill Barber, Peter Burch and Brian Evans scored a six on the twelfth end and stayed ahead to win 19-16.
In the other match there was an overall win for the Exonia Eagles as they defeated Sidmouth 41-25.
- 1 Police chase driver facing jail for 90mph pursuit in country lanes
- 2 ‘Thank you, I've got my Winnie back’ - man’s relief after dog collapsed on the seafront
- 3 Road works start to enhance access to Exeter and East Devon Enterprise Zone
- 4 Rotarian laptops and tablets appeal for home schooling
- 5 Mental health nurse turned patient gearing up for sponsored walk to fund book
- 6 Dragon Patchers will continue to keep Devon's potholes filled
- 7 New Oxford AstraZeneca vaccine being rolled out in Devon
- 8 Date set for Exmouth woman's murder trial
- 9 ‘He’s a natural’ - landscape designer Jacob’s Oxford College success
- 10 Ban for driver who injured cyclist in Budleigh
The Tuesday morning triples league saw wins for team Willow, 25-18, and team Beech, 17-14.
The coming week sees the men play Torquay United in the Over-60s league. The Ladies play Honiton in the Lane league and Axminster in a friendly whilst there are two mixed friendlies against Chardstock and Dawlish.