Budleigh 2nds suffer heavy defeat at home to Exeter 2nds
- Credit: Archant
Budleigh Salterton II salvaged what they could from a 125-run defeat by Exeter II at Ottermouth, writes Conrad Sutcliffe.
Tom Richardson belted 115 for Exeter in their tally of 347 for five.
Richardson shared stands of 212 for the second wicket with Mike Wilkinson (67) and 50 with Charlie Kidson, who went on to make 66 not out, 50 of which came in boundaries.
Joe Marley’s nine overs bowled for 37 runs conceded stood out in the Budleigh stats.
Budleigh started badly with opener Greg Evans bowled in the first over by Nick Horne (3-32).
You may also want to watch:
Surviving opener Neil Murrin (28) and Donovan Robinson (62) got the score up to 99 for two and from then on it was a case of gaining as many bonus points as possible.
Luke Jefferson (23) and Chris Battin (22) did their bit to get Budleigh to 222 for six and maximum batting points.
- 1 Couple walking from Exmouth to Swanage in memory of Pippa
- 2 'Let’s get out of the stranglehold this killer virus has had on our lives' by staying home
- 3 Milestone planning decision marks reason for optimism in the Otter Valley
- 4 Words of respect and dignity honoured Adrian
- 5 Chamber inundated with snaps of Exmouth and Budleigh at sunrise and sunset
- 6 Transition Exmouth’s ‘library of things’ project get National Lottery funding boost
- 7 Food Drink Devon opens entries for 2021 awards
- 8 Exmouth goes underground – designer creates town tube map
- 9 Risk and opportunities even when moving house - Sandra Sampson
- 10 Fishing vessel rescued by Exmouth RNLI